One size does NOT fit all when it comes to Digital Shop Floor Management:
A digital shop floor starts with a kiosk where the operators can walk up to, see the jobs in process, start/stop an operation, record time, read work instructions etc. This will inevitably bring a lot of efficiency: employees will not have to sift through paperwork, hand write notes and ultimately load information into your ERP. However, there are a few problems.
Every single ERP will have some sort of Shop Floor Console, which are often:
- Rigid, having too many or two few functions;
- Designed for one device or for a specific task;
- Impossible or cost prohibitive to customize/tailor to needs;
- Hardware and/or software incompatible.
How can Paapri help? Paapri works with all sorts of small to mid-market manufacturing plants. Paapri used their experience in shop floor management, along with their ERP partner Oracle + NetSuite and their Hardware Partner EloTouch, to come up with a solution called Paapri Manufacturing Console (PMC).
- Tailored to customers’ unique needs and budget while incorporating the best practices – No two Paapri Consoles look or work the same
- Touch Screen Enabled High-end Rich User Interfaces for quick adoption and training
- Runs from NetSuite Servers– so no need for additional servers.
- Functionalities (a few examples):
- Issue Material
- In process time capture labor and machine
- In process downtime capture
- In process quality/MRR/scrap capture
- Optional Connecting to Machine PLC
- Optional Offline PMC – runs from the console and updates server
So, what if the ERP is not NetSuite?
- Our Hardware partner EloTouch offers flexibility in choosing Android or Windows Operating Systems
- PMC is available in Hosted, Android App or Customer Hosted Environments
- PMC maintains its own database for effective Business Analytics
- PMC can communicate with any ERP using APIs or direct database connections