Choosing an ERP system is likely to be one of the most significant decisions you make in growing your business. What happens, though, when you have chosen your ERP system and it’s time for the implementation process. How do you make your journey to the cloud as smooth as possible? Here at Paapri, we will share six tips and tricks to make sure your ERP implementation and solution is a success.
1. Having an organized and established project team
Right from the get-go, it is essential to make sure you have the right people on board. Your team should include:
- Someone from a senior level – You need to have an executive bye-in; this needs to be consistent from day one and continue through the go-live.
- Business process owners – It’s essential to involve the people who will be using the ERP system the most to make sure they have an understanding of how each part of the business would work.
- Key employees – They will provide you with the help you need whilst highlighting issues they face that the system will resolve. They will, in turn, become an advocate for your business and the system itself.
By establishing a cross-functional team like this, you improve the likelihood of all business concerns addressed from the get-go and create a buy-in that will drive the success of the overall project.
2. Map out your business process
Before working with an ERP implementation partner, it is vital to understand how your business process works from start to finish. Be sure to document the process so your implementation partner can take an objective looking into your business process and spot areas in which you can improve and advise you on the best practices and procedures of the system.
3. Prioritize your requirements
Identify essential functions and procedures that you need on day one of your go-live and the bonus features for your second phase. This allows both parties to focus on the crucial functionalities and make those vital models live as quick as possible.
4. Making sure you have precise scoping requirements
Understanding your business process and requirements allows you to grasp the scope of your ERP implementation project thoroughly. It will enable you to have the full post-implementation functionality that you need early on. This would let you and your partner stick to the time frame given and being within the budget.
5. Plan ahead
As with any project, it is crucial to set time aside for critical employees, which allows them to perform the necessary tasks and meetings and have time to carry out their jobs. Be prepared to also be flexible in your approach as there are bound to be hiccups along the way, so it is essential to remain flexible and adjust accordingly.
6. Involve end-users early and often
It’s essential to get the rest of those involved with the project, particularly when achieving employee buy-in. Getting your end users involved early means they are more likely to understand the reasons behind the change and how it all works. They will therefore be more optimistic about it and less resistant to the change.
June 18, 2022
Nice Article and explained really well. We know how tough it is to manage new changes in business but smooth implementation can make it worth it. for successful implementation definitely you need a good ERP implementation service.
June 29, 2022
I appreciate your tips to have a successful ERP implementation. I agree that planning ahead is essential. I think it could also be very helpful to hire a consulting service.
September 28, 2022
It’s good to know that having ERP software can improve my business’s analytics and reporting since there would be a central database for all the necessary information. Thanks for sharing such a great article.